Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Homage to a Bat

After seeing the bat that decided to visit my new home, I decided to pay it a little homage. Unfortunately, I incorrectly identified it as a small brown bat, not a big brown bat. So, I drew an image of the latter instead of the former. Oh, well. Live and learn, I guess. Either way, it's still kinda cute:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Done with Sakura Micron Art Pens on a smooth Bristol pad.

By the way, this is interesting: Quite a few cultures (Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Native American) think of bats as good omens. Go figure that India is one of the countries that considers bats to be BAD omens. Boo. Not that this does anything to change how I view my little fuzzy visitor :-)



.

1 comment:

  1. Bats are cute.
    If one was inside you should watch out, however. When a bat got into our place it turned out they were living in the walls.
    (Also, while bats rarely carry rabies, the ones who do are the most likely to encounter humans since they have difficulty flying; I looked this stuff up while trying to figure out how to get them out).

    ReplyDelete