Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Flower Power Envelopes

What else would you call the slew of handcrafted envelopes I made after my mom let me have her old calendar? I call this my "flower series"! Like I said before, this is how I passed the time when I was sick. I also made several more, but I'll wait till I actually use them to post photos :)

For starters, I made my first ever fold-and-mail! I made it out of thick, textured scrapbooking paper. I like the way it came out; my sister asked me where I bought it, which told me that it did indeed come out nicely :)

BACK, OPEN
Photobucket
This was the shape I cut it in.

FRONT, OPEN
Photobucket

FRONT CLOSED
Photobucket

BACK CLOSED
Photobucket
Photobucket

Number 2!:

FRONT
Photobucket

BACK
Photobucket
Photobucket

I REALLY like how this next one came out.

FRONT
Photobucket

BACK/SIDE
Photobucket

I think I can safely conclude that I need much cooler stickers. What an embarrassingly piss-poor collection.

It was a lot of fun designing these -- including the actual structure! Most people don't really stop to think about the edges or cover flap of an envelope and how it should be cut. But it was a lot of fun deciding which cut -- rounded, sharp, blunt -- looked best on which design. This is especially apparent with the fold-and-mail, and way more apparent in my next batch, when I'd gotten the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment