Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pretty Envelopes

Over the past few months, I found that making envelopes was a relaxing and, yes, therapeutic respite from graduate school application madness. Here are some of my creations:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back


Photobucket
Front

Photobucket
Back


Photobucket

Photobucket
A closeup of the lettering, because I like how it came out :o)

Photobucket
The back


Photobucket
Front

Photobucket
Back. The little note on the opening flap says, "Enter the jungle!"

Photobucket
Here's the opening. I made the cut curvy instead of straight


Photobucket


All of them came from old calendar pictures, except the last one. That one I made from wrapping paper that I doubled up for strength.

Deciding what part of the picture to display, how to cut the envelope, choosing the shape of the address box and return label...it's postal art! A great way to distract yourself temporarily from all the busyness at hand. Certainly helped keep me sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment