Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gothic Art, Completed

Remember that gothic WIP (work in progress) pen & ink piece that I was working on? The one with the angel on the tombstone? Well, it only took me about a MONTH, but I finally got around to finishing it XD

Photobucket

I used Sakura Micron art pens (click the link to see the review), but the roses were colored using Caran d'Ache Storm fountain pen ink, and I believe the blue butterflies were colored using Diamine Majestic Blue fountain pen ink (review forthcoming :) ).

Hmm. What do you think? Should I have left it b&w? Do the colors detract from the image or make it richer? Should only the roses be colored? Only the butterflies? Discuss.


EDIT: My one friend said that the colors seem to detract. Anyone else? Feedback would be appreciated...


Upcoming:
Lamali Lokta sketchbooks
Rhodia pad
Rhodia pencil
Diamine ink series (5): Pumpkin, Majestic Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment